Benefits of Crack Sealing
- Saves You Money - For pennies on the dollar, you can avoid costly asphalt replacement with crack sealing performed by professionals. The cost of replacement can be 20 – 30 times more expensive than a single maintenance procedure.
- Prolongs Pavement Life - Routine Maintenance (proper crack sealing and sealcoating) can double the life of your asphalt. Crack sealing is the SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT STEP you can take to prolong the life of your asphalt.
- Prevents Water Penetration - Left untreated, cracks allow water into and beneath the base which leads to pavement failure. Water is the number one enemy of asphalt.
- Improves Appearance - First impressions of your home or place of business are greatly enhanced with a deep, rich, satiny black finish.
Specifications for Crack Sealing Material
*The specifications used for materials applied for crack sealing by BLACK DAWG SEALCOAT in flexible pavements include ASTM D5078, ASTM D3405, Federal Specification SS-S-1401 and specifications which may be modified by respective state Departments of Transportation or other agencies.
- Small cracks allow moisture into asphalt.
- Water expands and contracts with temperature causing larger cracks.
- Larger cracks allow more water penetration to weaken base.
- Weaknesses in base accelerate asphalt failure.
- Small cracks always become big cracks.
- Big cracks soon become potholes.
- Cracks ¼” and larger can be sealed with specially formulated hot rubber sealant.*
Black Dawg Guarantee
We guarantee our work for one (1) full year. Our goal is 100% customer satisfaction.